Acne is a common skin condition that affects many people, especially teenagers and young adults. It is caused by the overproduction of oil in the skin that accumulates in the pores and traps dead skin cells. Normal skin bacteria migrate into the pores. In response, the body’s immune system attacks the bacteria. This results in inflammation, redness, swelling, pimples, and discoloration.
Acne can be frustrating and difficult to manage, but a new treatment option is laser therapy with the AviClear laser. The AviClear laser is a non-ablative laser meaning it produces treatment effects while leaving the skin intact. It does not require any incisions or needles. It is a safe and effective treatment for reducing acne breakouts and improves the appearance of acne scars.
How does the AviClear laser treatment work?
The AviClear laser treatment is performed using a handpiece that delivers controlled pulses of laser energy to the skin. It works by targeting the sebaceous glands in the skin. The sebaceous glands are responsible for producing sebum, the oily substance that clogs pores and leads to acne. The laser energy is absorbed by the sebaceous glands, which heats and damages them, to suppress oil production which leads to a reduction in sebum production. The laser energy also stimulates collagen production, which can help to reduce the appearance of acne scars and improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.
What are the benefits of AviClear laser treatment?
- Three quick 30-minute treatments.
- It is safe, effective and drug – free with no adverse effects.
- The laser is designed for comfort with an active cooling system for an optimal and safe treatment experience.
- Clinical trials demonstrate the current and future breakouts are shorter, less intense and more infrequent after the treatment.
- Results continue to improve over time.
- There is usually little to no downtime required after the treatment, so patients can resume their normal activities right away.
- The AviClear laser treatment can be combined with other acne treatments, such as topical creams or oral medications, to achieve even better results.
- The results of the AviClear laser treatment can be long-lasting, especially when combined with good skincare habits and a healthy lifestyle.
The AviClear laser treatment is a safe and effective option for reducing the appearance of acne and acne scars. It is a non-invasive procedure that does not require any incisions or needles and has minimal downtime. The treatment works by targeting the sebaceous glands in the skin, reducing sebum production, and stimulating collagen production. If you are struggling with acne, schedule a consultation with Dr. Zeena at New Orleans Aesthetics to learn more and determine if the AviClear laser treatment is right for you.
She is renowned for her multi-dimensional approach and use of the latest technologies and products to create natural aesthetic results for her patients.
At a Glance
Dr. Zeena Al-Dujaili
- Double board certified in dermatology and Mohs Surgery
- Fellowship trained in cosmetic dermatology
- Authored several chapters in clinical textbooks and peer-reviewed publications
- Learn more